Sunday, December 10, 2006

Scary Doo-Dahs - 9/12/06

Figured it was time to start the motor today as it's been 3 months since it was last turned over. Ticked over like a dream, trouble is I can't engage the clutch now as it's kinda stuck & pressing the clutch pedal doesn't make any difference in trying to engage the gears.

I found this out by starting the thing in reverse and then shooting backwards and quite a speed. Just manged to miss the corner of the Harley which would have been a costly mistake and also just missed the garge door frame. Scared myself shitless.

After I'd calm down a tad I jacked the thing up on axle stands & tryed eveything possible to get the clutch working - Starting in gear - pushing down the clutch and hitting the brakes to release it - after 20 mins gave up trying. However the engine is as good as gold. Figured it would be another thing to put on the list once I had the body sorted!

Re-visited the body tub I initially looked at. He won't budge from the asking price but I'm clearer on the amount of work required if I go down this route, especially on the rear valance as it's a but dented & the metal is very thin. I'd have to chop some of it off anyway, but it's the edges that concern me. I'll bide my time for a while and see if anything else comes along - although ...... not much on the market these days when it comes to 50 year old body shells!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home