Tuesday, November 21, 2006

More Bent Then Me Mate Robbie (& Ade) 22/11/06

Things have taken a slight move backwards. In fact quite a massive move backwards. The tub that I managed to source has been put together so badly that it's well and truly screwed.

The body is lower on one side then the other and the whole thing appears to be too thin! My bootlid was hanging over the side when I tried to fit it and even the hood frame can ony just be squeezed in! It's a whole inch out on one side!

I've tried to locate the source of the problem, but it appears to be multitude of panels that have been welded togther in order to fit it's original bootlid and fit on what I would imagine is a twisted chassis. Bottom line is that it can't be used. That's more then a few quid down the drain then!

I've had a good look at my original current tub and although the panels have been severley patched over the years, I'm convinced that they are the original panels, just due to the way they are fitted, the way they are welded and the age old extras that they have installed.

In view of this my decision is now to repair the original panels where I can & where I can't repair, I'll replace with new panels. I think this is more in line with the type of restoration I want to acheive and would also be more respectable to the car itself. It's possible that I'll hack up my rear tub and use some of the metal from that - may as well as it's fuck all good for anything else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home