Sunday, December 03, 2006

2 Months on & no further forward - 01/12

Ok. I've had me motor just over 2 months and pretty much done nothing!

Things haven't quite gone as smoothly as planned but I've managed to sell the bodged tub so that's a start and now I'm back to square one. So I'm back to the age old question ....... replace the panels, or replace the complete rear end! This is what I need to replace (or repair).


No. 44 - Inner Wing - x2. £146 each
No. 32 - Inner quarter panel - x2. £100 each (although may be able to use what I have)
No. 30 - Quarter panel - £62 each
No. 48 - Tonneau saddle - £250.00
No. 51 - Rear apron - £328.00
No. 53 - Spare wheel compartment - £214
No. 35 - Inner rear bottom panel - £23
No. 36 - Body to chassis bracket x2 - £11 each
No. 34 - Closing Panel - x2 - £19 each
No. 46 - Stiffener - x2 - £22 each
No. 45 - Lining panel - £36 each

Repair pieces are very hard to find and not normally available so it means making them up yourself. I've got a metal bender and still hunting for some rollers which until I have them makes it near impossible to make repair pieces from scratch as my hammer & dolly skills are not as good as they need to be.

There may be another few odds and sods, but this is the bulk of it. Comes to a total of £1596.

At a push I can do without a few of the above items, but even this comes to just over a grand.

Or ..... buy a complete back end for about £700 and then spend a few quid on it to make it 'proper'. Decisions, Decisions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home