Sunday, January 20, 2013

Been a few years.... things are moving Jan 2013

It's alost been 4 years since my last post and I've been seriously waylaid along the way by moving house, installing kitchens and building a garage.  I've also been restoring a couple of Harley's, along with a 67 Volvo Amazon (now sold) and a 1964 Alfa Romeo 101 Giulia Spider which is still in progress.

Due to the complications of the metalwork on the TR2 I decided to re-tub it in the short-term to get me on the road as it's been idle too many years and needs to be driven and enjoyed, giving me time to restore the original tub in full.

I found another tub which again needed some work so I've also been completing the work on this and managed to lose all the photographs so that wasn't a good start to the new year,

The original green tub has suffered numerous repairs at the front end and has been severly patched, and in some cases, patched on patches.  Under the bonnet things are not much better, again with sheets of fiberglass laid on metal (a 70's preservation technique), although water and penetrated and rotted out the metal, leaving a fantastic template of what should have be there.  It;s also had multiple panels pop rivited into place under the dash.

I also have found standard 3 core house hold wiring under the bonnet.  Good work!

I'm now in the process of dismantling everything in order to transfer everything across to the new tub.  Reckon we will be on the road in a few month..... if I'm lucky.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home