Friday, October 23, 2009

Back Together.... finally

Spent a couple of solid days in the garage recently & finally managed to mate the 2 halves of the tub back together again. The rear mountings fit perfectly, however the B post isn't at 90 degrees from the sill, which is how it should be, so my door gaps are bloody rubbish, with the correct gap at the top of the door, widening as you get closer the sill.

After 5 hours of playing to get it right, I reflected on old photographs and it appears that the gaps have always been off as the doors are badly skinned, and the B-post on the rear tub was put together without the B-posts positioned at the correct angle!

Rather then unpick everything which would take at least a year the way I'm working, I made the tough decision to leave it the way it is & press on. Not the fantastic restoration I was after, however 3 years in, it needs to keep moving! I'm putting it away for the winter shortly as I have another project car coming shortly - which I need/want a quick turnaround on to actually use it in the spring next year, then I'll start on this one again!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home